This is some early UI research work for a 48″ touch screen table to be installed at the Birmingham Hippodrome.
To help get the real feel of this monster touch table, I mocked it up full size.
Here are two smashing videos documenting my initial thoughts.
- Surface lots of content by flattening and exposing it – show topics and themes in the same way as other artifacts
- The display area is smaller than the artifact canvas area – there are hidden delights
- Instant and simple engagement
- Tap, drag, pinch, rotate
- 7×13 grid
- Each item in the grid holds a stack of artifacts or themes – periodically rotate content if not tapped
- Single tap – open item
- Drag item – fluid move to new position
- Swipe item – next card in stack
- Two finger rezise – resize/rotate